Saturday, August 4, 2012

exploding

ok, after a little over a week of living in Bentonville, I can officially say I love it here! It has been so cool to see God's faithfulness in my job all week! He has taught me that He knows me better than I even know myself (duh, He told you that in Psalm 139 & in Matthew). He has given me even more glimpses of WHY He has called me to this job. One of the ways He's done this is through a couple of books I am reading, Kisses from Katie & When Helping Hurts.

Both of these books talk about the ministry of reconiliation, of restoring to right relationship with God. One of my fav parts in Kisses from Katie is when one of her sweet daughters asks her if when the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of her she will explode. To that Katie answered, "No!' I proclaimed as the children and I headed to the Nile River for a few of them to be baptized that day. Then I thought about it a bit more. 'Yes, if Jesus comes to live in your heart, you will explode.'"

Then she goes on the explain... "That is exactly what we should do if Jesus comes to live inside our hearts. We will explode with love, with compassion, with hurt for those who are hurting, and with joy for those who rejoice. We will explode with a desire to be more, to be better, to be close to the One who made us." How AMAZING is that?!

So, here's to exploding more each day to be close to the One who made me, to love others, be compassionate, hurt for the hurting, and help people recognize what Jesus is already doing in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment