Thursday, November 1, 2012

craziness lately

there are so so many things in the past week that can only add up to one word: craziness. I love love LOVE when weeks are like this though because they are full. last weekend my 7th grade cell group had our first (of many to come) sleepover! *sidenote #1: why in the world are they called SLEEPovers when everyone knows NO ONE (especially 7th graders hyped up on sugar) SLEEPS??

Anyways.... we conquered the corn maze, demolished some chick-fil-a nuggets, roasted s'mores, practiced our craftiness, and even squeezed in some aaaaw's during pride & prejudice.

Sunday, my little brother came over for lunch and some quality time. always a highlight of the week! unfortunately, this little cough sickness came over me and knocked me out for a couple days after that. There are always little blessings in disguise though. It was a blessing that I was able to get rest (and by rest I mean I slept all but 3 hours on Monday... what?!). It was a blessing that in those three hours that I was awake I had time/energy to do one thing... read. I had started a great book called girl soldier  the week before, but got to finish it Monday. It's about the LRA's child soldiers in Uganda. The beautiful story of a little girl, exposed to terror, forced to do unthinkable things, how the Lord rescued her, and her beautiful, God-given hope now. Reminds me to be thankful for ALL of the blessings I have and to be a voice for the voiceless.
 
Are you ready for this??? 2 WEEKS until Haiti!!!! to say I'm excited would be an understatement... I'm so PUMPED! 1. I get to serve with my family in such a different, cool way, 2. I get to see the place the rest of my family has fallen in love with, and 3. to squeeze some little necks and tell them that Jesus loves them!
*sidenote #2: I am convicted all too often even in my own writing of this that I don't have to wait until Haiti to love other people. I can do that right where I am, in Bentonville, AR! In fact, that's what the Lord has called me to! I should be this completely excited everyday that I get to tell people about God's greatness, His sweet mercy, and His crazy LOVE for them! hello, ally, WAKE UP!!!

1 comment:

  1. Less than 2 weeks now! Your folks are also VERY excited. No kids in the house this weekend so we are going to go collect some things for the kiddos in Haiti! Pack light for yourself - we're collecting a bunch!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete